Got any tips to help me enjoy cooking?

I LOVE to bake and I want to enjoy cooking but it seems I mostly only enjoy cooking dishes I am extremely comfortable with. I'm sure repetitive cooking will be named but any tips for UNTIL I've made something over and over?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 6:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I started enjoying it more when I started cooking things I wanted! Not hubby saying he wants this or that, but when I saw something and decided that just I wanted it and I didn't care if the rest of the family liked it LOL ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Get your kids to help - pick up some child-friendly cookbooks (there are tons of them like Sesame Street and Rachel Ray) and learn new recipes with them. Take pictures and make a real event of it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• maybe get a new cookbook and try to go through it and try everything once, or ask friends and fam for their favorite recipes and try those....just thinking about it is making me hungry!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Do you have any tips to help me enjoy playing golf?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Cook stuff that's easy to make n yummy
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Try just relaxing- put on some fun music and dance while cooking. Find a cook book that actually sounds good- the recipies I mean. If the food doesnt sound good- you wont want to cook it.
    I get excited and want to cook right away after I find a good recipie.
    jenirjohnson

Answer by jenirjohnson at 6:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What better way to enjoy cooking or baking is to make food you would really enjoy eating. there are plenty of sources for recipes.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I hate cooking; I like to keep my family healthy, so I cook

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010