2.5 year old potty training

How many times an hour should I be havin my 2 year old be going potty so she can start getting the feeling of actually going potty?

sarrrr13

Asked by sarrrr13 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if your just starting to potty train her i would take her every 20 mins to 1/2 hr...my dd is 20 months old and she can go sometime 2 or 3 hrs without doing her pee she is daytime potty trained, but when we first started off we set a alarm for every 20 mins and i brought her too the potty and ran the water for like 5 mins and kept repeating and getting her to repeat pee pee goes in the potty poopies goes int he potty not in the panties...oh yea dont use pull-ups they are too much like pampers! Good Luck!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thank you! That helps a lot :)
    sarrrr13

Comment by sarrrr13 (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm started potty training my daughter about three weeks ago. I make her go at least every 2 hours. When I started we would go to the bathroom together and now she does pretty good. Now if i can get her to dodo in her potty lol
    devinebeauty

Answer by devinebeauty at 6:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I keep my 2 1/2 yr olds potty in the bathroom. I take her in with me whenever I go. Makes it easy to remember and she sees me going so she understands what to do. I also put her on the potty when she first wakes in the am or after a nap and again right after meals. I also have her wear gerber cloth training paints.

Did this with her 4 siblings and had no problems training. They trained pretty quick, although bedtime took longer. :-)

Good luck! :-)
    Anonymous5

Answer by Anonymous5 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• When I trained my little boy I left him bear bottom and I sat and watched him, whenever he started to go I rushed him into the bathroom and said, "uh-oh pee goes in the potty". It worked the same way with him going poop only that was easier for me to catch before he did it. I also didn't make him sit in the bathroom for more then 10 sec. I didn't want him to hate going to the bathroom. After he was done he had to help clean up the mess and start a load of laundry. It is very time consuming for the first day maybe two because I needed to watch him constantly so I could catch him when he first started. He potty trained very easily and I haven't had very many problems with him at night. Just no juice or milk after 8:00.
    smily2002_03

Answer by smily2002_03 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• When I started with my son, we first would put him on once a day until he got the basic idea and would usually pee. (We put him on before his bath, right after dinner.) Then when I started potty training, I took the bare bottom approach as well for the first two days (we played in the backyard a lot to limit the mess). We put him every 45 minutes. If he peed, great. If he didn't, we tried again every 10 minutes until he either peed or had an accident. You can adjust the durations based on your experience with your child. If you're going to go every 20 minutes, you might try giving lots of water to help increase the chances of success. I agree about not using pull ups. we made more progress with underwear although I used pull ups initially when we went out.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010