• In the Spotlight:

Seriously? How idiotic does this sound? (a vent)

Hubby got mad and started calling me lazy and good for nothing. Why you may ask? Because I would not turn a movie on for him. I was on my way out the door to go pick up the pizza and I told him that he was busy and that he could do it himself. Don't get me wrong, I do stuff for my husband all the time. In fact, today, I have probaby heard "Honey, get me this or get me that" about 15 times and each time, I have done it. But seriously, how idiotic does it sound for him to call me lazy when he is too lazy to turn it on himself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• btw.... every time he asked I made sure to get every detail, since it was all about him and needed to be perfect to his liking.

example: mom can I have toast? Oh yes honey let me get that. You know it is all about you. Do you want white or wheat, Do you want crust on or off. Do you want that cut? Cut straight or diagonally? Do you want butter? How much? Is this enough? How dark do you want the toast? After all... it IS all about you. LMBO... it was tiring but got to be fun... specially when he started to get irritated. But it worked.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My Aunt proved this point to her husband in a very creative way... (: she was a sahm and for all sahm's out there ..you know what goes into a day of taking care of things.....her husband snapped at her telling her she could not have money for something she needed............because (she does not work) soooooo she decided to let the dishes pile up for a few days...about two or three I think..... her husband started to freak out on her...and demanded she clean up around the house...............with a big smile on her face she told him...nope sorry...I DON'T WORK...you do it.................. he never talked to her again like that.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sounds like he's being manipulative....try sitting on your ass all day and have him take care of you!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Tell him you weren't put on earth to do everything for him.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wow I know how that is but if he cannot get me to do it he calls our son who is in his room when the kitchen is so close. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• sounds like my idiot! LOL he'll just be sitting doing absolutely nothing and ask for something and get mad that I won't put down my computer that I am actually WORKING on to go do whatever it was.

oh, and lets not forget the yells from the other room that he wants a drink... UGH! makes me so mad!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Oops, that was suppose to say "I was busy, not he was busy".
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I had an issue like that with my 13 yr old son. And I got sooooo sweet and every time he asked me to do something I jumped up in a very exagerated way and said "YES honey, because you know it is ALL about you." I said it very sweetly (not how I really felt). Did this 24/7 no matter who was around. It only took about a day and a half for him to not ask for one signle thing. LMBO. Wonder if it would work for your hubby.

cont

sahlady

• Lol, Sahlady, I will have to try that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• This is a respect issue. Clearly we have a serious deterioration in the respect level running both ways here. No one should have to tolerate being disrespected. Where is the honor in tolerating being treated this way? If anyone told me I was lazy or good for nothing, I would show them that I am very good at walking out the door.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010