I don't know what to do anymore!!!!!

My doctor put me on strict bed rest and nothings wrong with baby or me but it's caus ei lost 2 babies early before. And i mean early. I was 4 weeks and 7 weeks. I am now 9 weeks and almost 10. My husband won't help me. He lets the dishs pile up for days. So I end up having to do it. If i want to eat i have to cook me something. He will eat crackers. I do love him but hes so lazy. I can't really follow doctor's orders so why even tell me bed rest. And I feel fine and don;t have a choice anyways. I'm fustrated! Can someone tell me what to do. And if i take myself off of bed rest and take it easy but do some things do u think i will be fine?

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 7:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take your medical care into your own hands. Research and educate yourself. A doctor can only advise. You make the decisions.

IMO, it's ridiculous. Bed rest has it's own risks and is not very healthy. I have had 1 stillbirth and 2 miscarriages and have not been put on bed rest through my healthy pregnancies. Each pregnancy is unique. You should not be considered at risk if everything is perfectly normal. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would call you doctor and explain the situation. The stress of your husband is not helping the situation, that is for sure. The doctor will either tell you to do limited light activities like making yourself something to eat or speak to your husband and read him the riot act. I hope you have a healthy full term pregnancy!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• talk to him about it. explain things to him, but not as if he is a child. ask him to do what needs to be done. i would think after about 12 -13 weeks you will probably be ok to go off bed rest, but i'm no doctor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think it's fine to do a few things just try not to over do things. Wash the dishes if you must then rest. Then vaccum then rest. I ahd a hard time staying on bed rest too with toddlers in the house. If you have any other family near by you may have to try to recruit them for some chores.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my family work a lot i hardly se them so its on me and i try talking to him. i guess i'll have to do stuff but take it easy.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think if he wants you to carry the baby to term , he should at least help you make it possible by doing some of the things that require you to be on your feet for any length of time.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I also wanted to add that there is absolutely not evidence that bed rest will prevent miscarriage. If a miscarriage is going to happen, nothing can stop it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would just make sure you take it easy and drink lots of water.
    LovingIT2008

Answer by LovingIT2008 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010