Why do I Feel this way

Hello: I have a problem my boyfriend recently moved in with me and my 17 year old handicapped daughter when it comes to cooking he can only cook what he knows how to, now I am not used to cooking every night and for some reason there are times I feel bad tonight is one earlier I had fixed tacos.

Well I went to fix me another one asked was he hungry a little said I wanted something what he was like whatever I wanted to cook he could eat a hotdog and got up and fixed it now I am still feeling bad I never cooked every night before he moved in now on Sundays when I can yes I did cook now he is a very quite person and I just cannot figure out when he is mad he would have to cry or start hollering or something help me with this thanks

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• communication. if he has a problem he needs to tell you, and if you have one you need to tell him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think you should just let him know that you aren't use to it, that he's going to have to be patient and understanding, it takes a while to change things, when you've been doing something for so long.
    prego_jessi

Answer by prego_jessi at 7:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I thing that you should 1. talk to him about it and 2. have him help you plan and do the cooking. In my house I try to figure out when we will be home at the same time, and try to plan a meal together for those nights especially since it's usually only 2 or 3 a week. Then I ask him to do something when I'm cooking, like cut up tomatoes or something like that. The key, though is to act REALLY, REALLY GRATEFUL when he does help, because that always encourages men to help more! lol!
    jnfrheinz

Answer by jnfrheinz at 7:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yeah talk about it. AT my house I cook most of the meals however three days a week it is nearly impossible for me to cook. Work makes it hard. So My daughter cooks two of those nights and my husband one. We had to work it out. I would come home and everyone would look at me. I was like What???
    It took some time but we got it worked out. You can work out a schedule.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would just let him know that you aren't used to cooking every night. And like mmmegan38 said, just work out who is cooking when. Or have nights where you eat out or bring something in. I know caring for a child with special needs is draining, at the end of some days all I want to do is lay on the couch. He needs to understand what it's like for you.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2010