Dolly Parton Imagination Library?

Anyone have their child registered? How do you like it? About how long did it take to get the first book?

MsHouseWife

Asked by MsHouseWife at 7:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• We LOVE it! They didn't have it with out older two but we signed up our youngest when she was only 1 month old. It took about 1 month to get the first book (which is also Dolly Parton's favorite children's book). And the books that come are so nice! Great quality, awesome, age appropriate!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Adriana - it's a program in TN where you can sign up your child to receive a free book every month from birth to 5 years of age. It was started by Dolly Parton in her home county of Sevier County, TN and Governor Bredesen helped to expand the program to all children 5 and under in the state.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Thanks TJFBGMommy, I'm glad to hear they expanded the program! Last I heard was when I signed up my daughter and, at the time, it was still just in TN (and had only been expanded to all of TN shortly before, before that is was just for Sevier County, TN).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It's not just in TN, we get it here in Alaska too. Just need to go to the website and see if your area is supported. I LOVE it! My dd is 4 and has been getting books for about a year now. She gets so excited just to get her own mail and then add the fact that it's a really good book and she's in heaven for weeks. What a wonderful program!
    TJFBGMommy

Answer by TJFBGMommy at 7:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• So, do you have to live in TN to sign up?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What is it? Never heard of this.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 7:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That should be "our" not out older two. LOL
    momof3inTN

• http://imaginationlibrary.com/ Here is the link. Just enter your zip code and see if it is offered where you live.
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010