What would you do if an Atheist came to your door to promote their beliefs?

This man, fed up with Mormons bothering him, flew to Salt Lake City and knocked on the doors of Mormons to spread the message of Atheism.

Link below...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I freakin' LOOOOOOOVE this man!!!! If he came to my door, I go out WITH him to preach the truth and freedom of atheism!!! Big HUGS to you for finding this and sharing it!! I am the atheist evangelist!! Let's go out and DO it!!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If the mormons can do it, why not athiests?
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i would send him to all the really religious people in the neighborhood haha
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Same thing I do when a Mormon or JW comes to my door... Invite them in, make tea and discuss religion - theirs and mine...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• lol. I don;t really blame him. I would do the same thing I do with any other stranger who knocks on my door: either ignore them or crack the door and let him/her know that I'm not interested. I don't let strangers in my home b/c it isn't safe.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Good for him!

But if he came to my door, he would get the same greeting as anyone else trying to sell their beliefs to me. "Not interested!"

I think religion, or lack there of, is a personal thing, between each person and their God/Gods/or nothingness. I don't want to be preached at PERIOD!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You know, I AM a member of The Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon is a nickname), and I think he's just fine to do that.

I'm content in my beliefs, but I like learning about other religions and belief systems because I feel it's important to understand the people I share the world with. I usually take a pamphlet from folks going door to door, and I usually read them to gain that understanding.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• haha that video is hilarious, especially the first part w/ him rambling on in his study. did he try to find specifically Mormons or was it just anyone in the city?

id respond the same way i do to anyone who knocks on my door...not answer if i dont know them or they arent in a cop/firefighter uniform. we dont get religious knockers here. i guess the LDS and JW churches here figure there are enough Bible believers in Oklahoma.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• if he moved to Utah they wouldn't come around- we only ever had them come to the house once-for some sort of donation or something when we lived there!...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• or lack there of religion and mine I guess I should say...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010