how to get rid of heat rash on infants face?

My son is 2 months old and has had a rash on top of shoulders, behind ears & head & on face for about 10 days now, he had a well visit at about 6 days and I was told it was heat rash and it would clear on its own but i have seen no improvment...any tips on how to clear it up or if it could be something else? I try to keep him in cool clothing and we have fans going at night to try to keep him from being to hot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son used to get them all the time too, we live in AZ but his never lasted that long. I recommend you call his pedi and let them know he still has the rash, I am surprised its not going away with the things you're doing, that's what I did when my son got his. Good luck and hope baby gets better.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Don't apply any lotion, cream it could cause it to worsen or burn. I would say keep him cool and wipe him down with a cool rag. call your doctor to see what they suggest or if he should be seen
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010