The reason for the seriousness....

is the athiests are always brought up, but if it wasn't for science and the beliefs of it, we'd have no medicine or cures!!!!!!!
What do you think? Do you thank the doctor, scientist, or God?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 9:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in God and all, but I thank the doctor. I didn't see God in scrubs or get kicked in the face out of the pain I was in.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I can't help but wonder why people think science and "God" are mutually exclusive.... haven't you religious nuts ever considered that perhaps "God" set up all these rules that make science valid?

So by saying science is bull shit, you're essentially saying your "God" (who created things such that science can exist) is bull shit.

I honestly don't know if a higher power exists, etc. or created everything, etc. And it really just doesn't matter in my day to day life. I do, however, think the idea that some higher power cares at all about the little decisions in any individual's day to day life is absolutely retarded. If God exists, why would he care who you date/marry/etc., where you work or live? Pray if it makes you feel better, but I think you're nuts if you actually think anyone is actually listening or cares.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I thank the advancements in science that help man to cure and heal. I don't think that power comes from any god, but from hard work, creative, intelligent minds and the willingness to help others.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Just because a person is a scientist or a doctor, doesn't mean s/he is an atheist.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am thankful the doctor was there to help me deliver my daughter. Logic.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i think a lot of disease (not all) is caused by man, and it's going to take more than science to cure them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• God gave man free will. And everything is part of God's plan isn't it. There are no surprises for him what decision we will make he already knows. Am I correct?
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• tryin2BGOOD... You can't have free will and God's plan at the same time. If you're doing what God has planned than the decisions you think you are making on your own are actually just what he already knows you're goign to do- thus free will is an illusion. You are speaking of predestination- which IS mentioned in your bible by name where as free will is not.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I thank God for giving people the intelligence to become doctors, scientists and inventors. Whether you believe in God or not, that's your choice and your free will; however, one of these days EVERY knee will bow, and EVERY tongue will confess that HE is Lord.
    SouthernLady7

Answer by SouthernLady7 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i thank the doctor for the work he did. i thank the scientist for discovering the medicines/procedures that cure. and i thank God for giving us the doctor and the scientist.

for me science & faith dont contradict each other. you can believe in science and God, it doesnt have to be one over the other. i dont think God "cures" ppl, but rather created the scientific knowledge & laws we live by that allow humans to cure diseases.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010