Was there ever a time when you were frightened for your life?

I was driving home from work one evening without realizing my blood sugar was dropping, I got in a daze and just going through the motions of driving, and finally by the time I got a little bit of a hint, I pulled off the road in front of a convenience store, checked blood sugar and it was down to 40. I went inside for orange juice and peanut butter crackers ... no it's not tasty but it saved the day. I waited until the sugar reached a safe level, made a giant U turn and found my way home.

SouthernLady7

Asked by SouthernLady7 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no i havent anything like that yet but im glad all of you ladies are ok
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• the night i got raped. i figured if he was doing that he may kill me too.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You can buy a small package of glucose tablets for $1-2 and keep them with you. I've known of people who became too confused because of very low blood sugar and weren't able to buy something at the time. Um, as for my story, I don't really have one I recall offhand.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Honestly? Yes... I was raped at 15 by my boyfriend and his friend... That didn't really do it, but I was then stocked by his friend for almost 10 years... There were more than a few times I thought I wouldn't make it home, but I always more than handled things!

Then there was the time I collapsed from my Tetanus vaccine... And the time I near drowned... And the time I fell off the roof...

So yeah, I guess there were a few times.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes,when my stepfather tried to rape me when I was 17.I knew in my head he wouldn't just rape me,he'd have to get rid of me too.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• The only time I really, truly thought I was going to die was when I had my first. There was a lot of bleeding out, passing out, and going into shock. It was the scariest 4 days ever. Thankfully, I've blocked most of it, but there were people there, like my mom and best friend, who tell me about it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• several times actually. My ex used to beat me all the time. The worst was when he slammed me in to a table then chocked me until I passed out.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes...the last time my ex-husband tried to kill me. How I survived I'll never know.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2010