Have you ever misplaced your child; and how long did it take before you realized your error?

Back when we lived in an apartment complex, my DD visited her little friend who lived in an apartment one level up from ours. Small problem: She forgot to tell her mommy. In the meanwhile, company arrived to visit us; I start looking for my little Amy but she was not at home. We then had about 10 people combing the woods around the apartments, looking for Amy. Just as I was about to call police, we disbursed a "posse" to knock on doors and inquisition everyone. At last I found her; the mom of her friend was sorely embarrased because Amy had told her it was okay with me for her to be t here ... wrong-ola!

SouthernLady7

Asked by SouthernLady7 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I lost mine at the Louisiana State Fair. He was on a little maze thing and was doing it over and over...He was 2. We were standing there watching him. Right about the time he came down the last part, the slide, a lady came up and said hi to my stepmom and we all turned to see who it was. Apparently my son didn't see us and decided to run and look for us. LOL Well, as I frantically ran to go look for him, a cop walks up to me and said, "are you Leslie?" I was like Huh? Yes. He said, "We have you son Braden over at our station at the fair." Apparently, tow old ladies found him running and crying and he told them he lost us. They took him to the police and he told them his name, my name, my hair color, my shirt color and everything. The gave him cups of coke while waiting. LOL He was fine and I was relived. I am glad he could talk and was not scared, very verbal and super smart. It helps.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Misplaced your child, I like that wording. I was a single mom and I was took a 3 min. shower and came out and couldn't find my 2 year old. I finally hear him on top of the fridge! He pushed a chair next to the counter, climbed up, climbed the microwave, and got on the fridge. He was proud of himself. I was terrified. That child ended up having several broken bones and a lot of stitches but he survived and is now 22.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I didn't but my hubby did. We were at a local attraction and I left my son then about 2 with my hubby, I think I went to go buy candy. I came back and I asked him "where is Adam?" he looked around dumb founded and said "S***, I thought he was right next to me". My hubby didn't realize that when he walked away from the location he was at, my son did not follow up so we ran to the other side of the building where my husband was standing before and sure enough our son was standing there, with this sad look in his face, like...where is my mom and dad! I was so mad at my husband for not paying attention, I think he was in that spot for about 5 minutes, it was really scary. But now I love to tell the story on how my hubby lost our son!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes, this happened 10 years ago. We were at a parade with a large group of family and friends. My son was around 3. I thought his dad had him and he thought I did. When we realized no one did. Panic struck. He turned up sitting with a family about 20 feet away. It took less then 2 minutes it to find him, but it was the longest and scariest moment of my life.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• LOL

no but I did have a migraine one day and took a "nap" before picking up my son from daycare... needless to say daycare called hubby when I wasn't there to get by the specified time and he was very upset with me until he realized how bad the migraine was.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I haven't, but I would totally freak out if I did! I've heard of people doing it, and can't imagine the panic! Glad your DD was safe.
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 9:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My two year old disappeared in a matter of about 20 seconds the other day. After 10 frantic minutes of searching around the house and yard, we found he had hidden in a closet in the front bedroom. Only problem was the handle only works from the inside. So we spent another 10 frantic minutes trying to take apart the door. Stinker.
    LovableNeurotic

Answer by LovableNeurotic at 10:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• lol i accidently took my son out instead of the dog lol. i was going to take the dog out to the back so she could do her buussiness.so i oopen the door ( and at the same time holding my 2 month old at the time who was crying) so the dong went out and my son 2 year old went out to but i got no idea how he went out too i seriously didnt see him.well the dog came back and i closed the door. so im screaming for my son and he was no where in the house i open the door and go out and there he was playing in his sand box omg i almost had a heart attack when icoudlnt find him
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• um what? wow!!!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• no havent misplaced my baby yet
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010