Can you just stop it already?

So tired of hearing people scream at there kids. What is the point? It won't do any good.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh goodness, my neighbor is the worst! I wish I could smack her most days. We live in overseas base housing (military) and we live in a high rise apartment. Our porch forms a right angle with our neighbor's, who is a chain smoker. She sits on her balcony all day smoking and screaming at her kids so loud that I can hear her inside, in the back of our apartment through the cement, earthquake proof walls. Some of the things she says to those poor kids makes me want to punch her, but she is one of those wives who thinks her husband's rank entitles her to whatever she wants. I don't mess with her since my husband is a rank lower and I don't want trouble from her. We have to live next to her for the next 2 and a half years.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm pretty sure half of those people just like hearing the sound of their own voice... particularly at super annoying volume levels.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What are there kids doing to get yelled at? When my kids misbehave and i have told them to stop and they continue I wont yell at them but I will tell them with a firm voice that they need to stop. When you scream you look crazy
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am not asking for advice. Just really venting about hearing my neighbors all the time.
    itsallabtthem84

Comment by itsallabtthem84 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree. Get a grip on your anger and take some parenting classes. My mother as known around the neighborhood by the nickname 'the screamer' because that's all she did and everyone could hear her for blocks.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Talk quietly if you really want kids to listen.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Best way to get children to listen to you - whisper to them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010