i am goin on 39 weeks pregnant and i am now having really bad back pain and in the lower part of my belly but its not like contractions... when i lay down it hurts really bad then will go away and the when i sit up it comes back really bad! i cant bend hardly in any direction! anyone know what might be going on>

any advice would be great! i have no clue what is going on so if you have had this please let me know what you did and whats going on!!!! i am open to any suggestions!!!! =)

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like the position of your baby. Have you tried Tylenol and relaxing?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• sounds like back labor to me......with both my kids i had terrible pain and pressure in my lower back during labor. i would call the doc asap....ur almost there GL
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• sounds kinda like back labor. have you timed them? drink plenty of water and rest and if it doesnt go away it could be labor
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I had it when I went into labor with my oldest the only thing that helped was to stand. take tylenol or wear a belly band to pull your tummy up it could be your round ligaments . call the doctor if it worsen and see what they suggest.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Because it goes away when you lay down, I would say is a position problem. Get on your hands and knees and she if the baby moves and it feels better.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sounds like probably the baby's position since the pain is intensified by your movement. Try taking a warm bath and massaging your tummy and bit to see if they baby will settle into a more comfortable position. I wouldn't rule out back labor since you are at 39 weeks, so keep track of the time intervals between the pains and look for a pattern that may signal that they might actually be contractions.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i have had it since 6:30 a.m. i have taken 2 baths and a hot shower! i have been tryin to lay around but it ends up makin it worse and tylenol isnt really doin anything for me. its kind like a sharp stabbing pain in my back that goes to my lower belly and around my sides. the times arent consistant but it wont go away!
    lilae86

Comment by lilae86 (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Hands and knees. I swear.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:49 AM on Jul. 23, 2010