A Great Debate

Ok, this is not to cause contreversory. I just want to get some opinions. Ok, we all believe that being gay is a sin. And many people will tell people who choose that lifestyle that they are wrong and will burn in hell. I am not one of those people, I think everyone should have the chance to choose for themselves. Remember the Bible also says to love thy neighbor, it never gives any instances when we should not love our neighbor. Do you think it is okay to shun other people because of their sins, and do you think God would be okay with it? Why or why not?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 9:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The bible says to not tolerate SIN but it never ever ever ever says not to tolerate PEOPLE! It says to FORGIVE, tio Share HIs LOVE and to bestow grace and mercy. In so doing we may win that brother or sister over. If we are constantly telling people they are going to hell we are not showing love and pushing them away. When I say I disagree with homosexuality I am talking about the act not the person. Thats where the confusion lies today with many people. It is assumed that when I say that I disgree I hate homosexuals.. far be it that I do because I dont hate them... I have a lot of love and compassion for them as people, human beings but I despise the sin they are involved with.
    God never made people gay... this is from man not God himself. God did not create sin... its the choices made in the Garden that brought sin into the world. The biggest was seperation from God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• First - We ALL don't think this way! Many of us completely disagree with bigotry regardless of who it's aimed at!
    Second - It's not "okay" to shun anyone regardless of whether or not YOU believe they are doing something your God wouldn't like...
    Third - ANY God that would really and truly be okay with shunning or hating others based on their lifestyle (choice or not) it NOT a God I would or could have anything to do with!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You said: "Okay we all believe that being gay is a sin". But you are wrong. We don't all believe that being gay is a sin. I can't imagine why you would assme that!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• The Bible also says we are all sinners, some sin in different ways. None of us are perfect and God tells us not to judge lest we be judged ourselves. I won't turn someone away because they are gay because that is their lifestyle choice and it is between the individual and God, not the individual and myself. Who are we to know what goes through that person's head and what their relationship with God is like? The Bible also tells us that we can all seek forgiveness.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I dont believe there is a god, because if I did I would be just as stupid. The Bible says to believe in only one god, so who made gay people? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is reverse bigotry. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 9:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• In my opinion I think it is best to leave any judgement up to one's God. I can not STAND it when people assume that we who are NOT Christian need to be saved, many of us have been there done that.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• not everyone believes the way you do. and no it's not my positon to shun anyone for their sins. we are all sinners. love thy neighbor. and by neighbor he means everyone. or atleast that's the way i believe.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• ALL unrighteousness is sin; and all of us sin daily.  Paul wrote to the Church in Corinth (I Cor. 6), "Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."  And after that, Paul wrote -- to the church of Corinth, mind you -- " Such were some of you; BUT you were washed, you were sanctified, and you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God."
    If Jesus were here today, in the flesh, he would be the same today as he was back then.  He would visit the homes which would bring the most controversy ... all to love everyone and bring them into a saving knowledge of the Lord.  Today's Christians (me included) fall quite short of living up to the standard that Jesus set for us.
    SouthernLady7

Answer by SouthernLady7 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Anon I'm Christian to and the voices in my head are telling me to call you a F***ING idiot.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Nope. It is his job to judge, not mine. I love everyone equally and it's not for me to shun. I can hate the sin, but, not the sinner. I do not think being Gay is a sin.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010