do have furniture from Ikea?

hows the quality? I'm looking at purchasing the slipcovered Elkthorp (sp?) set and it says the covers are washable. does anyone have them? did they shrink? It says it has a 10 year warranty anyone had any problems trying to use it?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 9:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I do, i have some night stands, a coffee table and some bedding. Some of their stuff is great and will last a long time, some of it is not. I would stay away from the really, really cheap stuff. I have friends who bought slipcovered couches and said the covers are great because you can take them off and wash them, they have never had problems and they have a whte slipcover with 3 kids so I'm sure it's been washed plenty!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• the quality of the furniture is awesome, the price is just as awesome, i don't have nothing yet but i'm working on it. i've bought silverware from there and it's nice.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Love, love, love Ikea! Have a bunch of their stuff and it's great!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think Ikea furniture is hit or miss and if you can, it's best to at least check it out in the store. We have a bookcase, a shelf that we use for our AV equipment, a crib and changing table/dresser. They are all decent quality and decent price. But I have seen some things there that seemed very cheaply made and wouldn't last long.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i dont have ikea i have ashleys but everyone tell me that ikeas furniture isnt the best quality thats why the prices are so low.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 10:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It is great quality, easy to assemble and inexpensive. I LOVE IKEA.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I only own a stuffed animal by them (or I mean, my DS does), but I have only heard great reviews by the people I know perosnally who have purchased from Ikea.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i don't but i want a growing bed for my girl =-)
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 3:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I miss IKEA......their furniture is so-so...I mean most furniture these days are that particle board.....as far as slipcovers I don't know but just be sure to keep your receipt and take them back right away if you have any problem...also be sure to wash them in COLD water to reduce the likelihood of them shrinking
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• no, ive never bought anything
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 3:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2010