To sex, or not to sex...

I was with my daughter's father for 3 years. I've been with 2 people since I've been single. I don't want to have causal sex anymore because I want the "whole ordeal" atleast a relationship. I've gone several months without sex (may not be alot to some) but either way it's getting pretty frustrating. I've been talking to someone but I don't even know if it's going anywhere. he makes sexual comments, but avoids serious questions. That just tells me he's not interested but why talk to me if you're not getting sex? Is it weird to 'not want to have sex with someone you like', but have casual sex with someone you don't plan on dating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i know it sucks not having sex for a while, but just wait it out and find someone you really like, and have them get tested cuz i know WAY too many people with STD's.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• thats what batteries are for !LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• How 'bout you raise your standards?

When you value yourself, including your body, you'll find that people who are deeply disrespectful (like buddy 'sex hint' you describe) will fall out of your life and you'll find yourself surrounded by much more interesting, predictable and respectful people. From whom you can select a partner you might realistically consider a lifetime connection.

In the meantime, find yourself some battery operated personal equipment and leave other humans out of it...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• ive done the whole "i don't want to have sex wit you" thing cuz he was nice, just not what i was looking for i guess....and then i've had sex wit someone i just hate, personality wise but he was cute and i gave it up. i think you doing the right thing by waiting on someone you want to give your all too cuz the disease that's running these streets are no joke. hell get a B.O.B and lots of batteries, lol
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It took me 14 years to find someone after I had my son. LOL Everyone was a sex only not serious type person. I finally found one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would personally wait. Sex isnt the most important part of the relationship. A guy needs to love and respect you before having sex with you. If you can find a guy who is willing to wait and get to know you for a while, they he should be worth a relationship. Raise your standards, you are always worth the best, and let the right person come and find you! Until then, I agree...Bob is helpful lol
    Kya-AF

Answer by Kya-AF at 10:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Isn't it strange how that changes when you've been married for a while? I could care less about sex! LOL I agree with the other posts, I think you should wait until you meet the right person.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010