John Boehner says about 25% of the tea Party are extremists that want to kill all politicans, agree?

Washington...but the other 75 are just average Americans...

Boehner offered a defense of Tea Party supporters when a reporter asked if there was a danger to the Republican Party in becoming too closely identified with the movement. He acknowledged that at Tea Party events, there are “always a couple of anarchists who want to kill all of us in public office.”

But he added that, “75 percent of the people who show up at these events are the most average, everyday Americans you have ever met” who have been “driven off their easy chair, driven away from their TV and into the streets of America to demonstrate against their own government.”

Is THIS an outrageous statement? true?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/315422

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL 75%?! So one out of 4 is a murderous anarchist? I would have to disagree! I am no fan of that organization but I think Boehner screwed up there. lmao
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• "But I wouldn't necessarily call them killers. "

If they haven't killed anyone, they aren't killers.

Boehner's remark is asinine.  If 1 in 4 wanted to kill a politician, we would have a lot more dead politicians. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I can honestly say that ALL of the tea party activists that Ive met are pretty much radical and they paint impeach obama on the back of their cars and say that he is not a US citizen...but when you see them on TV there are many that do not appear radical, I think they get their bad image because they have so many who openly act racist whereas the other parties don't. I'm not saying that there are more racist people in the tea party but that they show it more.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• there are “always a couple of anarchists who want to kill all of us in public office.”
    --------
    sounds to me like you are extrapolating the couple extremists and adding it to the 75% who have never been politically active until now, forgetting all about the ones who HAVE been politically active, but aren't extremists, to make the couple equal 25%.... Your math doesn't quite add up.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Once again your putting your own spin into a question. sweet.

He said only a couple of people are anarchist who would like to kill us.

He also said that 75% of the people are most average, everyday Americans. 25% are not the most average Americans

He did not say that 25% are extremists that want to kill politicians. That is your spin..

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Good Gracious. Not that long ago Obama was insisting he had no idea who the Tea Party was when they were protesting on his front lawn. Now they're all anyone talks about. They must be doing something right, or people wouldn't be quite so worried about them.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 9:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Once again, Natesmom, You have to give the facts and again they are ignored,
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I see you are still trying to spin this in that crazy way you have, sweet. Nowhere does a couple equal 25% unless the total is less than 10. And we ALL know there are waaay more than 10 people in the Tea Party. You are just trying to make mountains out of molehills. It isn't working, so you might as well apply your energy to something worthwhile.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I suppose you could say that about any group. Doesn't make it true. Where'd he get his findings? LOL
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would have to add that I think that most of the tea partiers are much more extremist and out there than the average citizen. Some tea party groups are really drawing a fringe crowd. But I wouldn't necessarily call them killers.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2010