Can you get a yeast infection from the pool? adult content

We've been going to the pool a lot and I notice that I really itch after we get home. I always take a shower but still have the problem....sorry if this is tmi!

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Health

• In the 20+ years I swam competitively, and worked as a lifeguard, swim instructor, etc....basically living in a bathing suit, I never got a yeast infection from any of the pools I swam/worked in..and some of them were NOT that nice! LOL

It's more likely that the chlorine level was high, and the chlorine residue is irritating your skin. Make sure you shower well with clean water after ward and maybe sprinkle on some Gold Bond powder.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Being in a bathing suit can do it. Trapping moisture and not having cotton underwear on...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You can get a urinary tract infection

Answer by rkoloms at 10:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i was a lifeguard for 5 years, and not the kind who just sits there, i worked at a waterpark so i was in the water for hours each day and never had a problem. you might be having a reaction to the chlorine which dries your skin out and makes it itchy
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010