My daughter has pimples and

My daughter has a lot of pimples on her face . I tried using skin creams but it just gives her itchy,red,irritated skin. She also washes her face and I always make sure that she washes her face properly but the pimples keep coming. What should I do

monicamonica

Asked by monicamonica at 10:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• shes qoiinq through puberty its natural
    Soon2bemom16

Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I used nature's cure a lot when I was in middle school and high school...it's the stuff that comes in a box with pills and cream. It will take a while for the pills to kick in (about 7 days) but it worked well at keeping them down...also try the oil sheets so she can just dab away excess oil throughout the day.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• tell her to wash her face with plan old bar soap ( dove is what I use, I went all through high school without breaking out) tell her to rinse her face with old water to open pores and then wash off soap with warm water... Don't use any scented stuff on your face and not oily lotion. do creams without fragance
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• * jr high.
    Claudiomom

• Iver heard alot of people have reactions to dairy, and some other foods, but not many poeple will go to the extend to figure out what foods cause skin problems. How about proactive? Ive heard that works.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• What's she washing her face with?

It is popular (and acne medications sell LOTS of product) to use harsh cleaners, which have a rebound effect: stripping the natural oils and protective layers from skin, while irritating it to make more oil and leaving it unprotected from the germs on hands and in the air... means you'll have nice clean skin for a minute, but much more susceptible to breakouts tomorrow.

If she's washing with soap, she's pretty much doing the same thing, only cheaper.

Look for a MILD, 'formulated for dry skin' gentle non-soap cleanser, with only very light scent, skip the astringent/toner step unless it is also formulated specifically for dry/sensitive skin, and then use moisturizer made for dry/sensitive skin. Twice a day, max.

Then, make sure she's washing her hands with soap and water a couple of times through the day (not drying sanitizers, actual water and soap) if she touches her face a lot.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• natures cure worked ok for me too, but i know a product called obagi clenziderm that worked better. if you want to know how to get it, message me.
    besides that, alot of products make your skin red and itchy at first, and then that stops and the pimples start to clear up.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I use proactive and it really helps. Also, witch hazel is a great astringent (it's the main ingredient in proactive's astringent).
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Try Cetaphil (very mild, noncomedogenic) for washing and not scrubbing harshly. Take her to a dermatologist and skip all the other crap. Get honest advice, short of putting her on drugs. If she needs doxycycline or something, it's mild. Could be as easy as drinking lots of water and skipping lots of dairy to control it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010