Guy calls police over Farmville being deleted?

Has anyone heard this news story? I can't find a link anywhere, but my husband said that on Saturday on the Kim Commando show that she was discussing a guy whose Facebook account got hacked. Well, apparently, the hacker deleted his Farmville farm that he had worked on for two years, lol. I'm laughing because it sounds funny, but I'm sure it would totally suck to work on something for that long only to have it deleted. I just can't imagine putting so much into a fake farm, lol. Anyways, supposedly, he called the police and said he wanted to sue whoever it was for taking away a year of his life. Needless to say the police said they couldn't do anything for him.

Anyways, has anyone heard about this? Thoughts on it?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's funny and a little sad that that person had so much invested in farmville. Maybe he can find another hobby that isn't so lame and ungodly annoying!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sounds like the guy needs to go to the "FUNNY FARM!!!" LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• LOL, I'm sorry, but murdering someone over a game is insane (well, obviously, lol).

It happens quite a bit in Asia - people have murdered their parents or spouses for trying to prevent them from playing, and in one case a guy murdered another guy over something he did in the game.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wow.....he really DOES need to " get a life ". Wow.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• WOW how pathetic.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well, I'm gonna be heated if someone ever hacks my cafemom account and I have to earn all these credits again...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I haven't heard, but people have been sued and even murdered for interfering with other people's online/gaming accounts, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• sad and funny at the same time;)
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Maybe that was not a good link, lol. I think it is funny and stupid at the same time
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010