How do you do it?

When you are grocery shopping, how do you shop? What aisles do you hit first? What do you put in your cart first? Do you go back down the aisles several times?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a list some times. And I have coupons, which are somewhat organized according to sections of the store. But I start in the back and work my way up. Unless I have random things, then I get tose first....since I do most grocery shopping at Walmart. But I go to a discount grocery store about twice a month. And then do my major grocery shopping after we stocked up on what they have there.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i start from the right of the store to the left. i start with fresh fruit, then go to meat, then to the dairy, then all the other stuff. usually i end up walking back and forth a few times cuz i forget something.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I kind of go every where and just follow a list then go up and down each one but the frozen and produce isles are always the last ones I hit.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I go around in the circle. I try to stay on the outside of the store....all the processed junk is in the middle. I do go in the can aisle for certain things and I do buy frozen veggies, but for the most part I try to stick to the wall where all the healthy food is displayed.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I work my way back to front, trying to get what I need. It only works well if it's not busy and Hubby and kids aren't with me or calling, "What's taking so long?" or if I remember to eat that day.
    truthrowan

Answer by truthrowan at 10:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I make a list and pull out the coupons that correspond with the list. I shop the perimeter first because those are the healthy foods (veggies, meats, cheeses, dairy, etc.). Then whatever processed stuff I need/want, I head down those aisles.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have a list. I start at one end (usually deli-bakery or produce) and work my way to the other end (dairy and frozen).
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have a list. I start at the back of the store and work my way forward. I try to not backtrack because I forget stuff or get an idea, but sometimes, I do.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I start at one end - the bakery and produce - and work my way down the aisles that I need items from.
    Meats, cold items, and frozen items (in that order) come last.
    I've shopped at this one store for so many years that I can write a list of what we need by visualizing the aisles and writing the items down in order...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2010