have you ever dyed your young childs hair??

i just put some purple streaks in my 6yr olds hair, and she loooves it!! it only last 8-10 shampoos..it looks so cute tho :)

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, my daughters ages 4, 8 and 11 years old all got pink streaks in their hair! My 11 year old begged for it and the others wanted to do it of course but there was plenty of dye and they all loved it!! It lasted for A LOT longer than it was suppose but it is almost gone now!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Good God no. I have enough problems with getting my own hair the right color.rolling on floor

Are you serious?

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• no, but when I was a teenager, my cousin and I used kool aid to "dye" our baby cousin's hair green, lol.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• awww thats cute. i would totally do that but not too much because i started dyeing my hair at 12 and it was fried by the time i was like 17. but once in a while, i definatly would. i love to dye my hair. i actually want purple streaks in my hair right now..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• only during halloween and it was with my nieces hair and it was just the spray hair paint. I wont dye my kids hair cause I don't want it damaged.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Oh gosh no. They weren't into that kind of thing. They were...and are...more preppy and collegiate.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It sounds cute but it does damage the hair ...I didn't allow dying until my kids were 13 only because it was rebellious to try new hair colors, lol,
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I don't think most dyes are particularly safe. I avoid unnecessary chemicals for the most part. I've used spray-on color on my kids hair for Halloween, but that is about it.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No, My DD is 2 years old with the prettiest Auburn hair and its really curly. I swear...everywhere we go someone says something about it. But people have asked me if I color here hair or perm it. Im like REALLY?! cmon now..

But your daughter is 6 haha thats cute :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• just the spay hair paint that's about it
    MotherOF5Cuties

Answer by MotherOF5Cuties at 3:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010