If my Husband smokes pot.... adult content

is it fair that I have to stay sober? He says he wants control and well I want to drink... in fact I have but no one knows it. I drank some orange soda to cover up the taste and then brushed my teeth.
Is it fair that I have to be sober or drink only when he tells me I can?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• your husband shouldnt be smoking pot, its illegal. & if you want a drink, you should be able to drink, safely.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It's not equal. He shouldn't tell you what you can or can't do when he is doing anything. It is your life, your choice......no one should tell you what to do. You are a grown woman. Don't let him tell you what to do when he is doing something so comparable.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• he should be the one to be sober. i am anti drugs and alcohol...for myself. but his is illegal and yours is not. as long as you do it responsibly then he should not have a say in it unless it was like every day or every weekend....but having a responsible drink every now and then is ok. but his dope is not. IMO
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• As long as you are drinking responsibly then no, he shouldn't have a say on if you can drink or not. That is assuming that you're not an alcoholic, lol. Tell him you wont drink if he don't smoke....
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• IMO pot is never ok, and the fact that you wan't a drink so much you'll hide it and cover it up is a flag to me too. A drink now and then is fine, but not if you HAVE to have it....

As for the power struggel going on, he is being un-fair. ( IMO he, as the man, should be in charge, but can't demand it if he's not walking the straight and narrow)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Why is it his decision? have you had problems in the past? Is he just controlling?
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 10:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• based on alot of assumptions i'm making from your brief post... sounds to me like this is not necessarily about controlling but about a genuine need for you to not drink - if you are drinking and hiding it this is a big red flag. if you are trying to make excuses for your drinking based on his behavior, this is another one. personally although i know pot is illegal, i can't for the life of me figure out why - alcohol does soooooo much more damage to the mind and body. this does not sound to me like the real issue is a goose/gander or control thing. you are probably both needing to lay off your drugs of choice, but IMO (based on much personal experience) the alcohol is a bigger problem and danger... there are scientific reasons why women succumb to alcoholism much quicker than men. you need to take care of yourself instead of playing childish games. it would help your efforts to stay sober if he would as well - tell him that
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Do you have a problem with alcohol? I have no isse with the weed, unless hes doing it in front of the kids.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2010