how old was ur child b4 u left them home alone say for an hour?

just curious my sis has a 9 yr old and asked this the other day

joesmilf

Asked by joesmilf at 10:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My ten year old is still not left home alone..............my others which are much older than her....I would say they were around the age of fifteen or sixteen.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am an opm lol
    Cochise

• My son was 12
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• ty,, i told her that i still wont leave my 16 yr old home alone,,lol
    joesmilf

Comment by joesmilf (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would say the best age would be 13 years old before they can stay home for an hour alone!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have a 4 year old so I can't answer because he won't be left alone for years to come. BUT my sister leaves her 14 and 9 year old alone for an hour after school. They know not to answer the door or phone and have to call her the minute they get in the door.
    tyra618

Answer by tyra618 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• in Maryland, by law the youngest age is 8. My son is 9 1/2 and I have left him home alone for the day - 6 hours - while I was at work. School was closed and I had no other choice. He sat and played video games all day...never even got dressed.
    he knows the rule - he is not allowed to leave the house, answer the door or allow anyone in
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my oldest is almost 11 I still do not leave him alone
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• As long as all the safety rules around the home are checked and double checked a child can be left alone and be fine. They already know when and how to call in case of emergencies. they also know that they are not supposed to answer the door. But somehow, I can't leave my kids at home alone since I still have some safety issues that I have to fix at home.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My oldest is 10 and he's never been left home alone for an hour. We are starting to give him more responsibility but not staying home alone. But, my mom lives with us. So if I have to run down to the store real fast (only 1 mile from the house so I'm usually back in 15 minutes or less), I'll tell her where I'm going (she lives in the apartment downstairs, her front door is in our dining room). Then I'll tell my oldest where I am going. I'll tell him if there is any problem, he can get grandma. Don't open the door for anyone, or talk through the door to anyone, get grandma. Do not go outside. Do not answer the phone UNLESS it is mommy or daddy or memaw (my MIL) calling (we have caller ID). And I lock the door behind me. But I never even thought about doing that until he was at least 10 and I won't leave him completely alone for a couple more years. If my mom didn't live with us, I'd be packing the kids up for every little trip.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2010