Do I have an eating disorder? adult content

Every time I feel depressed or stressed out, I feel like making myself vomit. Is this a sign of an eating disorder? Or just a poor way of dealing with stress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Health

• Eating Disorders/Self Harm are Sometimes due to the individual feeling like they do not have control over their own life. Bulimia, Anorexia, Cutting and Other forms of harm are things one can control.
    I would highly recommend you talk with your Dr and get a referral to a therapist to talk to! There are many other healthy ways to deal with stress. Stating the obvious, You Truly Are Harming Your Body.
    I was on a dangerous Anorexic path when I was in my early 20's. It caused some harm to my mind and body that I have had to work hard to work through.
    Remember Exercise & Laughter release Happy Hormones (Endorphins). If you are not able to go full throttle into an exercise regime, at least take time aside every evening or morning to go for a walk by yourself, w/ family, friends and/or just someone! LAUGH! There is so much Humor in the World Around You!
    Take some time for yourself and Enjoy Your Life & Those In It! Hugs!
    sportemom

Answer by sportemom at 10:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm not certain. It sound more like stress, but I really don't know. Hang in there and good luck! I'm here if you ever want to talk. :)
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 10:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010