what could it be?

Boyfriend had a high fever today...half his face and lip is swole and he got a big fever blister...what could it be? have this happened to u or someone u know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Health

• He may have eaten something he is allergic to or gotten bit by something and not noticed.

If it doesn't go away by tomorrow or if it gets worse I would go make him see a doctor. I know if he is anything like my boyfriend he will try to refuse! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Sounds like an allergic reaction to me!! I agree with pp about taking him in if he doesn't get better BUT watch his breathing - if he is having an allergic reaction to something and his FACE is swelling, it could easily affect his airway. If he starts wheezing even a little bit, take him to urgent care or the ER no matter HOW much he protests!!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yeah, that's what it sounds like too me.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Sounds like an allergic reaction. Give him some Benedryl asap.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:08 AM on Jul. 23, 2010