At what age did your kids start trick-or-treating?

I saw another post about Halloween, and it got me to thinking, lol. My son will be about 13 months on Halloween...do you think it's dumb to take him to a few houses for the experience and pictures, lol?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• LOL...thanks. He was Hercules and he had a sword he would move around saying swoosh, swoosh. Funniest thing ever.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Nope. I think the first year we did about 6 houses. We just went to a few more each year.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Mine went on their first Halloween but mommy and daddy keeps the candy :) So go ahead and take your kiddos
    My daughter was 11 months for her first Halloween and my son was 3 months for his first
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have an older girl so we all went together when my youngest was just a few days old but that was in AZ where it's not cold. We are going this year if my oldest doesn't get sick again.
    proudmomof2452

Answer by proudmomof2452 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Mine started when they were 7 + 3.

I think 13 mos. is a waste of money, but if you have good mom-friends to go w/ go ahea and have fun....don't do it for the childs sake, though :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• We took her once she was old enough to walk, eat the candy and say "trick or treat". She was 1 1/2 then. Her first Halloween she was only 7 months. she could say it but not walk or eat the candy so she waited. It was mainly because I didn't want to pack her to the houses and take the candy other kids could have had. 13 months I think is just fine. Have fun!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• riley was 9 months i think.unfortunatly she hasnt been trick or treating since. and i think this year we are just going to pass out candy : ( maybe next year when daddys home we will all get to go. Riley will be 5, Aiden will be 2 almost 3, and Emma will be 1
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• my daughter was just about a year and my son was 3 1/2 when we did our first one, only went to a few houses and she didn't get any candy but they had fun . I say go for it.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• DS was about that age. His first Halloween he sat in the stroller and we all sat on the front porch to hand out candy. The next year we took him to just the houses on our street and a few around the corner.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My son was 7 months his first one, we took him to a few houses. He was 19 months the second one and he picked out his suit and he knock/rang, said trick or treat and thank you after getting his candy. He was freaking excited to get to go trick or treat and get candy as he put it. He can home after going to a bazillion houses and poured it out to check out his loot. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010