what do you put your kids to bed in when they have a high fever

I have an almost 6 yr old son who has had a fever of 102 all day and that is with being on children's motrin....he will see a DR in the morning..
Tonight I can't decide what he should wear, we do not have AC it is maybe 75 out right now with lows of around 50
I don't want to leave the window open so it will be cool yet stuffy.
I do not want to over dress him and raise his body temp so I was thinking a T-shirt or a cotton tank top ( young people call them "wife beaters" the stores call them "A" shirts).
This type of thing happens so rarely that I'm lost when it does happen...
so what do your kids wear to bed when they have fevers and are sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• The tshirt (wife beater) is fine with a pair of underwear. Since you don't have airconditioning, you don't have to worry about him being chilled. Fevers usually go up at night so don't panic if that happens.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• My boys are little they just wear there diapers not . But i would say just some pj pants too keep him cool. I would also check on him through the night to make sure it isn't getting higher. fever is usually killing off something in the body so it is wise to monitor it.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Just an over size T-Shirt will do also just ask him what he would like to wear. Be advised that his temperature will fluctuate and you might have to do some changing during the night so have some extra t-shirt sout for just in case. I hope his fever breaks.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I let her decide what she wants to wear. She's 5. Last time it was just her panties. :-) She wore her robe around the house and hung it up on her doorknob and slept in her panties. When she chooses that I lay a tank and light pants or shorts on her night table for if she gets cold. Just let him decide what's more comfy. Hope he feels better soon.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• UNDIES! HUGS TO YOUR LIL' ! HOPE HE FEELS BETTER!
    sportemom

Answer by sportemom at 11:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• underware, and a light sheet. 102 isn't that bad, but make sure that he is getting lots of fluids. don't try to elimnate the fever. The fever is working to kill the infection.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2010