Over reacting?

My SO had to work this morning...We share a car, he woke up late and just stormed out, I had plans in the morning as well...(an interview and a MOmmy&Me with my son)...He was supposed to let me take the car...

So I have to take the bus to his job to get the car back, took about an hour to do. I get to his job and bring him his son and say "see what it's like to feel stranded" and I walk off...(I never get out, this group is my only interraction with adults, I'm border line depressed and this really helps me)

so he leaves work for the day... He keeps telling me that socializing isn't a priority...I am like "yes it is for my sanity, I hate being indoors all the time, Hate it"

Well we started arguing and I just realized I'm done with him, I kick him out, told him to come back when he felt like acting like an adult and using inside voices because the whole neighborhood doesn't need to know details of our lives.

Bad choice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Personally I think I would have done the same thing. Men don't consider that were taking care of our children- is not just a time to chill out for us.
    I am not sure if he will ever understand that interaction with other humans is a necessity. It is. Your not an inmate in solitary confinement! For goodness sake. You should be allowed to use the vehicle to do as you please. However make sure that you are up and ready to roll with him. Drive him in and don't make in inconvenient for his work. That seems fair. So figure out a way to make this work. This is a two way street.
    Or better yet lock him in the house with the baby for the weekend. You do what ever you want. Good luck with that.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Wow. Yes, overreacting ... inconsiderate ... damaging to a relationship ... immature ...
    Wow.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• You took your son to his job and just left because you wanted him to see what it feels like? Oh My God.
    Really? I hope you enjoy it when he gets fired. That ought to make things much easier for your family, right?
    What the hell were you thinking?
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think you over reacted a little. He ha a job to get to. You could have just taken the bus to the Mommy and Me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• It sounds like it was a bit emotionally explosive and could be handled more calmly but I'm guessing you got your point across.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes, bad choice. A job is way more important than fun activities like mommy and me! I would be so pissed if my hubby did that to me. That's rude. Then to get kicked out! I wouldn't come back.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• If you hate being indoors take a walk or go to the park!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• That's beyond overreacting - that's inane. Have you considered that you need to learn problem-solving skills instead of just acting out in anger? After all, your little display at his place of employment didn't get you a job, did it? No? Then maybe your energy should have been spent figuring out how to get where he needed to go instead of playing retaliation games and potentially costing him his job. Unbelievable.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 11:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I LOVED how you accused him of not being and "adult" when you are the one who had the temper tantrum
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I feel that you did over-react. He is working hard to pay the bills and you bring your relationship issues to his job and make him leave work because you dropped your son off to him? He could get in trouble and lose his job over that You could have just as easily taken that bus ride to the Mommy and Me thing and have your time. Either that or taken the car once you got to his job and went back to pick him up when he was off THEN discussed how he had upset you. If you didn't want your personal business aired to everyone then you shouldn't have started an argument in a public place. There is a time and place for everything and that was neither the time or place to start an argument.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2010