I'M bummed, how have you dealt with this?

Went thru a three part interview process, background check and all and got the job but I had to turn it down in the end. My babysitting fell thru so if I didn't have that there was no point in getting the job. I'm bummed, I was so excited and anxious about going back to work after so long and this is what happens :( has this happened to you? How have you dealt with babysitting problems? Because my SO work a schedule I would need a sitter. I don't live near anyone I could have sitter. And the nanny I use to use is just TOO expensive....real life I guess

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 10:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I hate to say this but if a reliable sitter is too expensive you might just need to wait to go back to work. It can't feel good getting all excited just to lose the job. Do you have any friends that can recommend cheaper sitters? Or someone you can share a sitter with?
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• The reliable sitter I have is who I used for school hours which meant I had a set college schedule in the morning and it wasn't very many hours. She was almost $13 an hr. I couldn't possibly pay that and go to work. I wouldn't be able to use her anywY be ause she has a job between the day (2-7pm) so that wouldn't work with job hours. I have been home for 2 years with my dd and I need this jib to help us out and in order to try and continue going to school because otherwise I'll have to quit that too. So hard
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I would have kept the job and tried to find another babysitter. There are agencies that list state certified in home daycare as well as centers. My kids went to both and actually ennjoyed the center experience more.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Have you tried a day care centre? They'd have more flexible hours and might be able to work with you on the price.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• What about a nanny share?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Have faith. The Lord has something better in store for you!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 1:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2010