If he wants to marry me then why hasn't he done it yet?

I told my boyfriend that I'm tire of sitting around waiting for him to marry me. I'm good enough to wash his clothes and clean up behind him but I'm not good enough to marry. So basically I'm leaving but the question I have is this. He's keeps telling me that he loves me and he does want to marry me but I've been waiting for 2 years now. If he wants to marry me then why hasn't he done it yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• and I don't have to leave.....he can change that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Have you tried telling him that? That you feel like you're wasting your time, and if that's the case, you'd like to move on? Try telling him that you either set a date now, and start planning, or that you need to move on.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my boyfriends like that and when i talk to him about it he just says hes not ready! he wants to make sure he can support us... and he also says the younger you get married the high chance of devorce and he doesnt want a divorce..
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 9:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Maybe he is just waiting until you least expect it. It is more romantic that way. And in a fairy tale world everyone only gets married one time so maybe he just wants to do it all the right way. He would want your only time getting married to be perrrrrrrffffeeeeecccccttt!!!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have know girls who have gone through that, and low and behold, there was someone else. I'm not saying that there is with you, but there is SOME REASON why he won't. Seems he isn;t telling you why. I don't blame you at all for leaving. I'd leave too. After all, marriage is a commitment,and maybe he doesn't want to make that commitment to YOU. So, I'd move on and find someone else who would love me and really want to commit to me. I can understand where you are coming from. Being married is just making a life time commitment to stay together. It's not like he's going to be in jail!!!!!!!! You go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If marriage is what you truly want and he's not willing to give it to you then you need to walk away. If he means what he says about wanting to marry you he'll get on the ball. If not, then you know and can move forward to live the life YOU want. Good luck.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• He isn't doing it because he doesn't feel he has to! He sounds like he's looking for a maid and mom, not a wife.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree, at this point he doesn't have to marry you. He's got all of that without the commitment. I'd suggest moving out to show him that you are serious about wanting to get married. It's that whole "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" concept.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• have you ever heard the saying, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2008