Has anyone lost a baby in here?

I'm just wondering if you want to share your stroy and how you are doing right now. We lost a baby at 30 weeks and knew that the baby wasnt going to make it at 16 weeks bu decided to carry anyways. It was really hard.... I then had a c-section... It was my first baby girl.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I lost my child at 8 weeks. It was horrible. I lost the child on my husband's birthday. I was depressed and cried every night until my due date.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 11:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry for you! Hugs! I have lost 5 children and the last was a set of twins but I didnot carry as long as you did. I can't imagine how hard this must be. Message me if you need to unload.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes, we lost our baby girl when she was born too early in my pregnancy! I am still dealing with her death and it does get better with time but it will hurt me forever! I did have more children after her but there is still an hole in our lives without her in it! I hope you can find a way to go on with your life while remembering her and I hope the pain of your loss will ease! I will keep you in my thoughts, Good Luck! By the way would mind telling us her name? Our daughter's name is Haley Marie and she was beautiful!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have 8 in heaven and 3 here with me. I cant say it gets easier, but the 3 I have keep me very busy and are my life. We have pictures of our 8 angels on a shelf in our room. It helps to know that they are watching over their brother and sisters.
    evasmom178

Answer by evasmom178 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I miscarried very early on last year. It was difficult and when the day came around that would have been my due date it was very hard. I think the loss of a child (no matter the gestation) Is something that will live with mothers forever. The pain lessens but it's still there.

I'm so sorry for your loss mama. (hugs)
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Her name is Kadence Rose.
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i lost my twins (13 weeks) two years ago and it still feels like yesterday! No matter how or when the miscarriage occurs it is very difficult to work through.
    One thing that has helped is planting a pomegranate tree (represents the womb/fertility) in our back yard in their honor! We had named the babies Yzabella (Beautiful) and Marabella (Wonderful). When we found the tree it was called a Mara Pomegranate Tree. The first year it bloomed 2 flowers on the top and then two Pomegranates grew at the same time at the bottom.
    Hugs!
    sportemom

Answer by sportemom at 11:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss. We have been through one extremely difficult stillbirth and 2 miscarriages. Our son was stillborn due to multiple fatal birth defects. We still deal with our losses everyday. We have been having a particularly emotional time lately because I am now 25 weeks pregnant.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Our first daughter Kahlan Nicole was stillborn at 36 weeks due to mismanaged Gestational Diabetes on 5/20/03. This was after 7 years of IF and going on Clomid to get pregnant.
    We adopted our middle dd Lilly from China 4 years later and 15 months after she came home delivered dd#3 by repeat c-section.
    I had an emergency c-section with Kahlan since she had been gone for 3 days and my labor was not progressing. My body began to shut down and they found out that I had a uterine infection when they did my surgery.
    With my last one, I was on complete bed rest for 6 months due to my history, GD again, hypertension and at the end Pre-E. Karli was born at 34 weeks and spent 3 weeks in NICU. She came home on Reglan, caffeine and an apnea monitor for 6 months. She will be 2 in a week!
    I'm so sorry for everyone's losses. It does ease after time...it's been 7 years since we lost Kahlan and it's easier- not gone, but easier.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am so sorry for everyone's losses. Hubs and I had an unexpected 'surprise' in april 2004, we discovered I was pregnant. We were both surprised and excited. Well the joy of being pregnant lasted for 7 days, and then I started bleeding. I went to the ER and they said there was nothing really they could do, we had to 'wait it out'. So then I was up to the medical clinic every other day for bloodwork to check the hormone levels and finally it was determined that this pregnancy was a loss, and I had to make the choice to end it. I had to go in 2x for the shot. So my mothers day that year was not a very happy one. By the end of May it was over. So that got me wanting 1 more child, and in March 2006 our last was born. What is kind of ironic is our lost baby was conceived in March, and our last living child was born in March. So that gave me closure and our family is complete.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010