What should I be buying my daughter for Kindergarden

Kryst ais going into Kindergarden and I have no clue what to buy her. Any ideas would be helpfull.

tattooed_mom86

Asked by tattooed_mom86 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A back pack.

that's all DS1 needed. The school pretty much supplied everything else.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Most stores having shopping lists for each of the different schools. If you have a Wal-Mart they will have one for sure. Should be coming out here at any time.
    proudmomof2452

Answer by proudmomof2452 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• The school should supply a list for you. You might want to contact them and ask if you can pick one up, or check your local walmart, kmart, or target and they may have a rack with supply lists for your local schools..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• They sent home a list of supplies he needed so look at your school's website to see if they have a suggested list. I'll try to remember: Pencils, 2 boxes of crayons, box for the pencils, scissors, glue sticks, one of those nap pads, a spiral notebook for his Spanish lessons,
    For clothing, ds's school does school standard attire, so 4 pairs of shorts (khaki, black navy), plenty of polo shirts, 4 pairs of pants, a couple long sleeve t's to go under the polos in the winter, socks, 2 pairs of shoes,
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Oh, and a back pack
    Mom_2_cuties

• your school should have a list for you
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Backpack and lunch box. Teachers usually send home a supply list on the first day of school or mail it to you. Just wait till the teacher tells you. I went and bought unnecessary kinder items the teacher did not even want.
    Be Sure to Put a Sweat Note in the Lunch Bag!
    sportemom

Answer by sportemom at 11:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Kleenex to help the teacher (so she can have them yet not have to buy them the entire year round)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• we have to buy wipes, hand sanitizer, dry erase markers, and send $15 for the teacher to buy snacks... along with the typical crayons and pencils.
    they use towels at his school for naps... i think that's dumb.
    what's wrong with blankets?
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 12:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I wish I could help, however I am in the same situation! My oldest is starting Kindergarden too this year and the school has not been in contact yet as far as supplies and open house possibilities? Makes me nervous that school is just about a month away, and this is the first impressions I am getting of the district. I even called and the secretary said "Oh, uhm...I don't know. Why don't you just watch your local paper or something for that info.?" Gawd....lol... whatever. Good Luck though! :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2010