DEPO question adult content

Okay I've been getting the depo since February. I had a normal period in April then again in June, right on time when my period usually starts. Well this month my period started July 1st and lasted 10 days. Now today I started again! Is this normal? I mean the one at the beginning was heavier then usual and then this one is a normal one when taking the depo?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Health

• I was on Depo for a year and I had a period not just spotting fro the entire year. And I know some people that have had nothing. depo can make you cycle really erratic and works differently on everyone. You might want to give your dr a call to rule out anything else. I was told it could take a year to regulate itself.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I was on Depo for 2 years and never had any regular periods. It freaked me out, which is one big reason I eventually got off it. I had random spotting for the whole time I was on it, and then for another 6 months after I stopped, at which time, I got pregnant, never having gotten a normal period. So is it normal? Very likely yes. It's weird stuff, that Depo.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have also been on the depo since Feb and haven't had a period since, but I was also on it when I was younger and it stopped my periods until a yr after I stopped it. Everyone is different and it can stop it for some and can make it last for others and even make periods irregular for some. If your worried I would talk to your dr, but more than likely it is just the way your body is reacting to the shot. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I got off depo after taking it for 1yr... I did some research & did NOT like what I found. Depo is not for everyone. The effects of Depo is said to possibly last years in your body! :(
    Wish I would have never got on it!! Cause now Im curious if depo effected my weight & other things.. and i even worry if it may effect when we do try to get pregnant.. I would honestly never know.. I guess its the risk we take now days with anything we put into our bodies. we never really know the honest effect on them.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2010