What would you have done?

Alright my 19 yr old BIL stole his moms debit/credit cards and bought a car and drove to another state 7hrs away to see a girl at the end of May. The man who sold him the car took him in but had to put him out because of his attitude. He asked could he stay with us and we told him NO. We had tried that last year and it didn't work. He stayed here about 2wks and we had to put him out. Then we noticed he had been stealing. Then he started sending TERRIBLE text messages to me and his brother. We had him locked up this Wed and now their mom is mad at us for having him locked up. After we put him out he stole his dad's truck and he broke into a neighbor of his parents house several times. Their mom never pressed charges and didnt think we should have either. We said enough is enough.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 11:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Y'all did the absolute right thing. He needs tough love and a wake-up call.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yeah I just can't believe how mad his mom is. We have tried to tell her if he keeps getting away with everything he will keep up the stealing
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I think you should press charges for harassment and stealing
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• their mother is an enabler. u did the right thing. that kid has got a lot of jail time ahead of him. that kind of behavior is not acceptable
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• His texts were threatening and harassing. He told me he wished I would die in my sleep, that he hoped me and my parents would burn up, and that I better not be seen down at my in-laws house again. He told his brother what I could do for him and what his "homeboys" would do to me. I was so disgusted. I hated to even show the police what his texts said. Then their mom brought his brother up to our house ( about 45min away from them) on Wed morning. We didn't want him at our house.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• He needs to be helped and locked up....maybe a psychiatrist can help him. You did the right thing,. He is dangerous and should have been seen by a professional a long time ago,obviously. Good luck,
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Pressing charges was the right thing to do.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am doing this to show my dh tomorrow so he can see that he did the right thing.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• u just describe my lil cousin. no matter what he did his parent would literally bail him out. he has been in and out of trouble since he was in high school. but it got real bad when he graduated. all he did was drink, do drugs, get in fights, race his car. over and over he was arrested and over and over they bailed him out, got him a lawyer, got charges dropped or reduced. all this time he didn't learn his lesson. but one day he got arrested and his lawyer said there was nothing he could do because of all his history. so now he is in jail for 5-7yrs on aggravated assault. and it has torn his parents apart. looking back they realize if they had just put their foot down and let him suffer the consequences of his actions he would probably not have gotten so out of hand. they had the same problem with his older brother, but one week in county jail fixed him right up. so ur doing the right thing. just stay strong
    teddybear2272

Answer by teddybear2272 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would have done the same thing and told his mother that she's crazy for enabling her "baby boy" to behave as a criminal.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2010