Are there any other moms that don't mind their torn-up post-baby belly?

I'm not gonna lie, though my body is pretty much back to normal(even my boobs, luckily), my stomach looks pretty bad. Not only did my belly get huge, causing stretch marks, I had a c-section and while the scar is hardly noticeable, there's a light indention where the incision was. Before pregnancy, my stomach looked great, and now...not so much. However, I don't really care. I'm surprised I don't, as someone who struggled for years with an eating disorder and was obsessed with my appearance, but when I look at my belly, it makes me think of how my son used to be in there, and how amazing it is. I feel like it was such an excellent trade. I lost my great stomach, but I gained SUCH a beautiful baby. I can't sport a bikini, but I can carry a gorgeous baby on my hip. My husband seems more attracted to me than ever, and my stomach isn't my fault, lol. Anyways, do any of you have a torn up stomach that you're almost proud of? :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• u just made me feel a whole lot better about my post 3 kids belly, thank-you!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I appreciate this! My tummy has lots of stretch marks and after all these years , they are still there and my separated stomach muscles never went back in place. Hehe. But I had three great kids so it was worth the stretch marks!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i think your alone on that one! lol. i luckily didnt get stretch marks on my stomach, but i got them on my side and i had a c section too. i still havent gotten rid of all the belly fat and it disgusts me!! i love my son, but i still want a nice stomach. lol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Mine droops a bit, and theres stretch marks everywhere. But Ive come to terms with it. Its been a year and a half, and instead of dwelling on it, I should wear it as a badge and improve it as best I can.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I have a HUGE c-section scar from my blly button down My ex used to call me 2 butt front cuz thats what it looks like, a butt. But I wouldn't trade my babies for anything and guess what, when I am feeling sexy I do wear a tankini and truthfully even when I could wear a bikini I usually wore a malliot anyway for the ease of swimming laps. So, I'm all good here too!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I don't care. My belly is extremely tore up. I had a c-section reopened after my youngest daughter was born. It's scars and stretch marks galore. I did not care before I had kids and I don't care now. I suppose one day I could have a tummy tuck. But then I would need the boobs done and it just won't stop. Before I know it, I would look like a plastic surgery freak show. So, I'll be okay with the scars and stretchmarks.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Not me! I kind of have a love/hate relationship with my stretchmarks. I love them, because they are a constant reminder of the amazing things that my body did. I hate them, because, well, they're hideous! It is very refreshing to see someone with your point of view though!
    CarrieLeester

Answer by CarrieLeester at 11:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I agree! I have a lot of stretch marks and some fat and skin that just hangs there. But I'll take those anyday! I have got the most wonderful girl to show for it. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I only have a tiny pooch on my belly and I'm still able to wear two pieces so I'm happy with my post baby belly!:) I do have stretch marks though but if I tan then they aren't very noticeable:) Now we'll see how happy I am when I have baby # 2 in a few years..lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• it's funny. Prebaby I was a size zero stick figure with a serious eating disorder...now I'm as happy as a pig in, well, you know, and I'm a size twelve. I'd rather eat cake and have babies.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010