Do you really think SAHM's that don't work outside the home are lazy?

Heathercurlz

Asked by Heathercurlz at 11:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I'll throw in this link - it's a funny song about a SAHM's "to do list." I'm sure all of us (regardless of our current working status) can relate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewmy_8AKkZw

A smooshed cheerio in the hair is my favorite part. 

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No.
    Even after their kids are in school and even after their kids are in High School. NO. i do not think they are lazy.

I can not possibly judge thousands of people based on that one simple characteristic.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• NO WAY, SAHMS have a 24/7 job and are very dedicated at everything they do!Q
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Absolutly not. It is very hard to be a SAHM. I know many who are and they do the bills and grocery shopping and cleaning the house and taking care of the kids. It's a job within itself and it's hard work.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Nope. I know that some of them aren't. I'm one of them, and I'm not lazy. I can't be...it's not even an option. I have to stay on top of things for my son. Doing what is best for him is never negotiable or something that I can neglect. Therefore, the house is clean, and he gets a ton of attention. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Well of course I am lazy. I don't do anything but take care of 4 kids(5 if you count my husband) all day, cook, clean, drive around town when needed, clean up dog poop out of the yard, take care of the outside work. Yep I am lazy.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I am a working mom for 9 months and a stay at home mom for 3 months. Both are very hard a lot of work. When i work, I am busy with work, come home, spend time with my husband and daughter, do the dinner thing, spend more time with my husband and daughter, put daughter to bed. Then I have 1.5 hours to do cleaning, dishes, laundry and a little me time. Then i go to bed.

When I am home, I can get some cleaning, laundry and dishes done during the day but then I have a munchkin to chase around all day. It can wear me out as well.

Both are hard in their own rights.

vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• no i dont think they are. definatly not. im one of them.
    however, i do know some that are. for ex, my stepmom - they are broke as shit. they cant ever give my little sister money or take her places but this bitch refuses to get a job! in this economy, not everyone can live on one income and if you cant, go out and get a job! my sister is 12 years old! shes in school all day. shes even in summer school. you dont need to sit home all day anymore!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No I am SAHM mom and go to school.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No of course not. As a working mom I would never put down sahm's.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2010