3D ultarsound... Good idea or a waste of money?

Do you guys feel that a 3D ultrasound is a good idea or is it just a waste of money? I really want one, but they are very expensive so i'm not sure about spending the money.

BabyColeman1

Asked by BabyColeman1 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it is a great idea. You get a lot more pictures and a CD full of pictures.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• it is great my sister in law had one done with both her kids and it is a neat thing to see looks way better then the other ones u get
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• i wanted one SOOOO bad while i was pregnant, and couldnt afford it, but honestly right now i dont even have time to go look at her ultrasound pics but i think it would have been a WONDERFUL experience for her to see when she got older and got pregnant, to see herself and then maybe get her own and compare, too bad i missed that chance, I say GO FOR IT, it would have been worth it to me for when she was older :)
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 11:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Waste of money and potentially hazardous for the growing fetus.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I thought it was a waste because I could barley see my baby it was just a big yellow blob that showed(I was 30 weeks). Maybe the tech I had sucked but it was the only time I've had it done
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• IMO, definitely a good idea!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• I had a 4D with my current pregnancy because of our genetics history. The pics are awesome and my insurance covered it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think they are really cool and fun...but for the price, it's really not worth it (to me). I've never had a session done, but last week, my doc did show my baby wiggling around on the 3d screen for a few minutes. It's a splurge some women are willing to take, but I think it's really not necessary.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 12:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I couldn't ever do it. I guess if you have the extra money, it would be a neat thing to have, but I just couldn't warrant spending that much money on something like that. A friend of mine got her's for free and loved it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When I was pregnant we thought about it. But never did it.. Now I dont think Id ever do it... I have diffrent views about it all now lol ...
    1. If its in a womb, obviously we were not intented to see it. 2. Do we really know the health effects of using these devices? and for the "experience" is it really worth the small percent that something may not be good about these? (xrays use to be OK during pregnancy, lol) -- Research into everything before doing it!! 3. The money could go to getting the baby something, or something nice for the mom-2-be (a push-present?! *wink*).

To look inside the belly were we really shouldnt be just isnt worth it to me. If it were medically needed because of pregnancy risks, its understandable.. but besides that. let baby be...
    :)

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 23, 2010