How long to wait before dating after divorce.

How long did u wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I have never be divorced but I have heard you should wait at least six months
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Not sure, never divorced, but if you do have kids, i advise that you go on a few dates first before introducing the kids to the guy and allowing them to get attached.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have also never been divorced, but I would not set a time limit for myself to wait. I would date as soon as I was ready and someone asked me whom I wanted to date or until I found someone whom I wished to ask out on a date. I just don't care what anyone thinks.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• when ever you feel ready
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I waited a whole week! lol For me it was no big deal though. I knew our marriage had been over for quite a while. I was ready to get on with life and be happy again (not that dating made me happy, it was just part of the getting on with life process). If it was a hard, emotional divorce, I could see people needing much longer. If you feel ready though, go for it! Don't let anything hold you back by doing what makes you happy. A happy mom makes for happy kids! :) Good luck sweetie!!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I haven't been divorced either, but I think that you should wait until the divorce is final. Finish one thing before moving on to another. Then there is no weirdness...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When you feel ready. I met my DH while my divorce was in process. If I had followed some stupid guideline from someone else, I would have missed out on my soul mate.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Not divorced myself but IMO you should wait until you stop thinking all men are scum sucking bastards! & keep him away from your kids till you've been dating for @ least 3 mo!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My lawyer said I could date the day I filed for divorce so that's what I did.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about following someone else's idea for how long you should wait. When you want to date, go for it.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010