Should I call my doctor?

I've felt weird & tired all day, about 30 minutes ago I was eating and was getting cramps or contractions, not regular, but ii couldn't even take a bite during them. I was sitting, so i changed positions and it didnt help, then I laid down with my son and im still getting them randomly, also having random shooting pains down my inner thighs. im also getting like hot flashes too. Not sure what it could be. Im 38 and a half weeks. And i dont like calling the dr or going to L&D unless I really have to, i dont wanna be that pain in the butt patient. I haven't noticed my mucus plug or anything either.

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Believe me, you won't be the only pain-in-the-butt patient! ;) If you really are concerned, then I would definitely call.
    CarrieLeester

Answer by CarrieLeester at 12:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• This---Believe me, you won't be the only pain-in-the-butt patient! ;) If you really are concerned, then I would definitely call.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• take a bath, relax and time the pains. I f they are consistent for an hour like every 5 minutes then call and go in
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would start timing them and see if they are consistent. If you dont wanna do that take a warm bath and loading up on fluids... if that makes them stop you are probably just having false labor. And if you are still unsure give L&D a call and they will tell you what they think. GL.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm actually getting ready to try a bath right now, but im praying its time!!
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Good luck to you!
    CarrieLeester

Answer by CarrieLeester at 12:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When I had my son, my labor contractions were very unregular and had no rhyme or reason, I guess thats why I'm a little concerned
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Labor is something that happens gradually over time. We may / may not notice all the signs, but it is happening! As we get closer to Time, things become quite evident, lol. Usually we look for regular, consistent, intensifying contractions, but it's not the only "Rule." It sounds like *maybe* very early or pre labor, but who knows.

Take good care of yourself and see how things go!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would not worry about being a pain in the butt!!! You are paying too much money to be worried about that. Calling the Dr. wont hurt, but me personally I would probably wait a little, go for a walk it will speed things up if it is labor....good luck
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010