Does your family know how to turn a tv off?

because mine dont dh and the kids never turn the tv off when they are done watching it I will even finally go in the livingroom and turn it off and 5mins later they walk in the room and turn it on again and walk away. I hate having the tv on all the time

mscamp0235

Asked by mscamp0235 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• lol yes they do!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Actually my S/O is very strict about not wasting electricity. It is a pet peeve of his.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• no! it stays on a blank black screen most the time with the word game on the top corner. but for some reason never gets turned off.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Before being married and having kids, I liked having the background of the tv, but I don't want my kids watching all day long, so we don't even turn it on some days. Like today. But at 4pm (except in rare instances when the kids lose the privledge) they can watch something.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The TV stays off quite a bit in our home. We have limiting rules.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes! I hate wasting electricity as well.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My kids are 4 and 5 and they both know when I say, "at the end of the show, turn it off." The even know where the main switch is on the back of the tv- no 'i can't find the remote' excuse! lol They know to ask before turning it back on except at 8:30am which is when their show comes on! lol Dinosaur Train. But my husband! Hell no! He'll go to bed and leave the tv not only on, but extremely loud!! I swear he's half deaf! His parents do the same too.... You could try using a power strip- just don't let them know its there... :
    ) saves additional power too. :P
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• yup, my 2 yr old will always shut it off. If we are watching something and she wants attention she grabs the controller and shuts it off.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Our TV is usually off. The kids can watch a cartoon in the morning as they are waking up and eating breakfast. But, after that it goes off. I usually don't even turn it back on after they go to bed.
    JakeandEmmasMom

Answer by JakeandEmmasMom at 12:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• lol, my 16mo loves turning it off and on and it drives us crazy! but yes they do know how and when to turn the tv off, and they know the rules about wasting electricity too so my daughters are always turning off lights and their tv and what not even if they only leave the room for a few minutes :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2010