Light without dark?

Do you believe that we can have light without dark? Can their be perfection without flaw? Many popular religious beliefs teach that God created the earth and all inhabitants to be perfect, without evil, and THEN evil evolved...
But, can there really be light without dark? Good without evil? By my way of thinking NO, but I want to see what everyone else thinks...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Dark is just the absence of light, evil is the absence of good (I guess), you cannot have one without the other, IMO. There has to be a balance. Without one or the other, there is no balance.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Possibly in those that reach full enlightenment or oneness with god. But for the majority of us and our lives, I think there is both light and dark. I do believe that having the dark makes the light that much more beautiful and valuable.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You need them both for ballance
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I agree, there can not be one without the other.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Can't have one without the other.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• They need each other for a balance.

Answer by older at 8:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Nope. You cannot know light without knowing darkness. You cannot know good without evil.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• On earth no ....
    When God created ... it was dark then He produced light.... He brought in life to the earth that was nothing before hand.
    Can light dwell on its own, Yes.... it can darkness is the abscence of light... you need light to see the prism of color, you need light ti see the in the dark but darkness does absolutely nothing. It cannot be without light but light can be without dark. I know sounds crazy but thats how I look at it.
    Good was there before evil came in and tried to destroy good. Good can stand alone but evil cannot be without Good.
    Life is forever but death cannot happen unless there is life first. It cannot stand alone but Life can!
    Hope I am making sense to someone.. I hate trying to explain things with written word!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Well I do believe in flawless goodness but it may not appear or develope as we might expect. Evil is like mold that grows when things are no longer fresh, when they haven't been consumed in optimal time or when the proper elements aren't present and may have interfered with the growth process itself creating something mutant. It isn't personal. So Ok dark is the absence of light, evil is the absence of good and the "devil" is consciousness with the absence of "God" AKA love. It, I presume is part of the flawless, sparklingly perfect natural law.
    mayality

Answer by mayality at 3:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Free will was given to all men. Since we interact with each other daily you can't have one without the other. Sure do wish God had only given free will to good folk.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2010