whats a good air purifier?

I live in NYC it gets very dusty very fast all the time i'm looking to buy an air purifier but want to buy a good one and j=not just trough my money away. do i need one in every room?

shuli2

Asked by shuli2 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Health

• I have a purifier by EcoQuest. I love it! This is the mom you will want to see to ask specific questions. I have had mine for 4 years. LOVE IT! http://www.cafemom.com/home/Red54
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 2:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I PERSONALLY DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE BUT AS SOON AS I TALK WITH MY STEPDAUGHTER I'LL BE BACK WITH THE ANSWER:) I KNOW SHE HAS DONE SOME RESEARCH ON THEM.
    momof3angela

Answer by momof3angela at 11:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Air Purifiers, Air Cleaners: Best Air Purifier Reviews
    While reviews say the IQAir is the best you can buy, the Alen A350 air purifier comes close for a lot less. Annual replacement filter costs are about $80. ...
    www.consumersearch.com/www/house_and_home/air-purifiers/
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• The one from the Sharper Image is supposed to be great. It is also $350. But uses no filter. It has a collection grid you wipe.
    vbruno

• i also have a EcoQuest... i LOVE it!! it is awesome
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• ohh and forgot... i just have one... and it cleans my whole house (2600 sq ft). i paid 700 dollars for my "fresh air ecoquest"
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 2:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Hi, I can send you to my website where you can find out all kinds of info on air purifiers. I am an asthma patient and since I started using my Fresh Air Purifier by Ecoquest I hardly ever have an attack anymore. I was so impressed when I tried mine out I become a dealer and since have been able to help alot of people. Our air purifiers eliminate odors, bacteria, virsus, ecoli, MRSA Staph on surfaces they help control dust and you can even get one that will treat up to 3000 sq. feet. Most other purifiers only treat a small area which nds up costing you more money. If you would like to check them out please go to www.ecoquest.com/rdan If you have any questions I would be happy to help with them. Revia
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I have the Whirlpool Whispure 450 Air Purifier (AP45030S) - HEPA Air Cleaner. I bought it for $289 from Amazon. It works really well, and it was one of the top aip purifiers on the consumer reports list last year.
    ejsadosky

Answer by ejsadosky at 3:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2008