Is anyone else's 4 year old starting pre-k this fall?

My one and only child is starting pre-k. He is staying at the same preschool he has been at since he was 2.5 years old. I am a little sad. Not b/c he is going but he is growing up. lol

Mom2Just1

Asked by Mom2Just1 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My little boy starts prek this year. It makes me sad, but he needs this. I am positive he has ADHD, and I am hoping this will help him calm down, before he gets in kindergarten where it "really" matters. I'll miss him, but he will be at the same school as his older brother who is starting 1st grade this year.
    jleighbum

Answer by jleighbum at 12:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My 4 yr old dd is starting pre-k at home.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No. We tried to get him in but he wasn't accepted. He was put on a waiting list and I've been told it's still very likely that he'll get in. I'm not sure that I want him to, though! lol. They grow entirely too fast IMO!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I know how u feel. I have 4 yr and I'm hoping he will get into pre-k in Auburn NY in the fall. My ex and his second wife is getting a divorce and he is moving back to NY cause that his where he is from and he is taking my son cause we r all moving cause of the schools are a whole lot better up there than where I am from. But anywho I am little nervous and scared not b/c i am hoping he gets in that he has nice teachers and that he makes a lots of friends. And I'm sad too cause my little boy my only boy is growing up and I sometime wish he could stay my baby forever.

andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Are you homeschooling? I have friends that homeschool both their kids.
    Mom2Just1

Comment by Mom2Just1 (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• They do renea. We put him in preschool for socialization. Well...little did we know that our son would develop this love of learning anything, make so many friends, and I made new friends. My husband who often grumbles about the price we pay for private school admitted to me today that the money we pay has been well worth it. He told me that he sees how much our son has grown and opened up as a person. I see it too.
    Mom2Just1

Comment by Mom2Just1 (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2010