Do you ever feel like a bad mom?

I mean, I love my kids and tell them all the time. They get fed, are clean, have nice clothes. BUT sometimes I feel so depressed and sad that I just don't want to or don't have the energy to do things with them. I just found out that I might be sick with a disease that one of the side effects is loss of energy. I just feel bad that I am letting my kids down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I do feel like I'm bad mom sometimes because with my 24 months old son filled with so much enegry, stubborn, hard-headed, and won't listen what mommy says so I get all mad and frustrated and sometimes scream! I feel like I'm baddest mom in the world but really I adore my son and love him so much because he is my special baby! I tell him that everyday! but I do need find a way to calm down and be reasonable with him. I feel like i'm alone because I don't think mommies out there do understand my feelings at all, they all are different towards their kids. no one is perfect I guess.
    Lazee22

Answer by Lazee22 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes. I have PTSD and just 3 months ago or so i was having some serious triggers. I really felt like a horrible person and an even worse mother.
    And then i got therapy and i feel much better now.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Everyday there's something!!! I pray for your health!
    Hugs
    sportemom

Answer by sportemom at 1:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• sure do know what you mean! I have my own physical problems that keep me from being the mom my kids would love to have and I get frustrated that I am not as healthy as others my age or older.... I used to volunteer for the local thrift store and all the other women were between 60 and 80...filled with spunk and energy!! and when I started talking about my "ill health" they blew me off as beinbg lazy....
    if you want feel free to reach out and P.M. me sometime
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• yep... there are moments where I feel like the worse mom ever, and there are moments where I feel like I'm doinga great job as well. You just take it one step at a time... but always know that kids are very forgiving and their love is unconditional... I think we can all learn from them :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• LOL! Believe it or not, the times I felt I was being a bad mom, are the times my kids realized what a great mom I actually was. This coming from my 26 year old mother of two!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Sure, we all do!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i am pregnant and depressed. i feel tired like that often - no worries. your children are happy and healthy. when you know what you have if anything you will find ways to combat it and live as normally as anyone.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think all mothers wanna do whats best for their children and sometimes we feel that our best aint good enough for our babies! Hang in there!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Youre not letting them down =] things will get better (hugs)
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2010