What are your thoughts about get immunizations on your child, like or dislike?

So moms don't like getting their children immunized cause the fear of something wrong happening and some do it cause it is told to us that it is need for a child but have doubts in our heart about it. So what are your thoughts and feelings about immunization shots?

jmitchell2682

Asked by jmitchell2682 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Do if you want to and don't if you don't want to. Simple as that.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I like how the doctor and nurses compliment on how well my girls are taken care of, and how chubby my baby is.. What I hate is the shots.. poor babies they cry and I feel so bad that I have to hold them down for their shots. But its for their own good!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Immunization well my DD has all of hers and nothing has happened it's for her own good. I think that if it's for your family then great if not then whatever.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My DD has all her shots.. I look at it this way.. there are more Pros to getting shots .. There are way to many illnesses out there and call me selfish but I'd rather have my DD ALIVE living with autism then dead from a disease that could have been prevents. but my DD has all her vaccines and so far no problems (knock on wood)
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 2:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i meant to say prevented ***
    NicholeWalls

• It is my belief that vaccines are a personal choice - I am a mom who chooses to vaccinate.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You left out the category of those that confidently immunize without doubt that they are doing the right thing. It's really not an "either/or" with a general sense of unease relating to immunization rampant amongst the masses.

I agree with MizLee. It *is* a personal choice. You educate yourself and then you do what's right for your family. My children are immunized. I worked with a man paralyzed from the waist down and limited use of his arms after contracting polio as a boy. I had a HS teacher that lost a pregnancy when exposed to the measles. I saw a friend cope with the fear of her infant's bout of whooping cough from exposure before being old enough for those shots. Shots are the right thing for us and I have no fear or doubt at all about it.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• well, ldmrmom summed my thoughts up nicely so I'll just say "what she said." :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't vaccinate. The ingredients are dangerous/gross: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf
    The possible adverse reactions are scary (arthritis, seizures, diabetes, etc): http://www.immunize.org/packageinserts/pi_h1n1.asp
    and they really aren't needed anyway. Watch this video to learn about it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdLMeULoujM
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We vaccinate and I have no doubts about it whatsoever. I think not vaccinating is careless, unless your child has a true medical reason to not vaccinate or has had a severe reaction in the past.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010