What are some of the best online schools for master's degree???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 2:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• That depends on your major first off. The school you got your bachelors with, do they offer online masters? Your intended major is a big factor here. Example. I am a psych. major still working on my bachelors, once that is done I am hoping to apply for doctorates or at least masters dependent on $ since tuition is expensive. Various schools offer graduate online for psych BUT only some of those are actually accredited by the american psychological association. You need to make sure the school is an accredited school, if your doing some type of medical field etc. make sure that specific field also accredits it. ie if its social work, make sure it is accredited by the social worker association etc etc. If you do not already have a bachelors.you need a bachelors first, then you have to pass an exam to get into graduate school for some areas.most masters also require a 3.0 gpa minimum,but not all. You can not apply without a bache
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• without a bachelors first. You can never go and say ohh im working on my masters degree then start year one of school. does not work that way. You have to start working on your bachelors first, finish your bachelors then apply for graduate school and get your masters. Graduate school means masters or doctorates by the way but i know you said masters. If you already have your bachelors degree then look for accredited schools, bear in mind you might also need recommendations from previous professors dependent on what major you have and how prestigious the school is. If it is something of a clinical medical nature, remember you will have to do internships as well and those may or may not be paid internships.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• bachelors= 4 years if you do full time. masters= at least 2 years possibly more doing fulltime and online sometimes makes that even longer
    "source"=I do online college with University of Maryland while living in europe (military)
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Great advice moki!
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 4:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a BA completed 10yrs ago and now i wanted to get a masters in management...i want to go online because i do not live close to a campus to attend...I post the question to get info on online schools to research and possible attend...thxs ladies...
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010