Oh! I am sooo excited!

I decided I wanted to learn to sew, so I did :D
This is a pic of my first project. It is a bib.
I know it isn't perfect, but it is my first time sewing with a machine.

What do you think?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 2:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Very cute and not a bad job at all. I taught myself how to sew and eventually opened my own business that was quite lucrative where we lived. When we moved there weren't any clientele interested so I haven't been in business since. It was so much fun sewing for my daughters, too! You'll get the hang of things, see new things you want to try, and really go off. Find some support groups that can give you some professional tips and such. I learned how to do smocking by hand from one lady who was willing to teach me online and by mail...she was awesome!
    Best wishes to you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Photobucket
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Looks good!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It looks like a bib you did great momma you could start a business making these.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That's adorable! Congratulations on making your first project. It will get easier and more fun as time goes by. Keep up the good work, you will make all sorts of amazing things. What type of machine do you have?

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 2:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• aw thumbs up!!! you make me want to try!!! i have a few ideas too. Good luck to you and keep it up!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My sil moved to FL and left her machine here. After a couple of years, she said I should take it, that she had bought a new one. It is a Brother XL3010.
    It is really cool with all kinds of stitch functions and even embroidery. Now I just have to figure out all the functions.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• that's pretty good.. I like sewing too. I remember in school i sewed shorts ,shirt and a bag.. they came out pretty good. now my oldest takes the bag with her to school she likes it that much she end up sewing up a pillow . i think thatisnice that shes interested in that kinda stuff.
    MotherOF5Cuties

Answer by MotherOF5Cuties at 3:00 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• THAT'S GOOD FOR YOUR FIRST TIME
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That is so cute. I am a quilter and I love any thing home made that is useful.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2010