IUD? adult content

I got an IUD over a year ago, and suddenly when I have my period it comes out a brown yucky substance. No other symptoms except the usual cramping that comes with my periods. I have an appointment Monday, but the nurse didn't say what the possible causes are.
Any one else experience this? I've only ever been with one partner (and he has only been with me) and just got a pap smear in June and it was negative.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• It's just your insides cleaning out each mouth. I had an IUD also and the same thing happened every mouth. I got mine removed cause it cause me alot of problems and I hated it so much. I thought they were pretty safe but they cause more harm then good. I do know some people that have had there's for years and love it but it did not workout for me at all.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When blood gets old, it turns brown. It's just leftover blood from your period.
    bluejupalex

Answer by bluejupalex at 4:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2010