Do you ever watch Foreign Films?

Do you watch films that have sub titles or when they take a Foreign Film and change the voices to American English? I would rather read sub titles, then the bad dubbing of lip movement to words you hear.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 4:00 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• I love foreign films. . . and with out dubbing. . .that drives me nutty. . . but I lost my contacts and my glasses aren't very good so I don't get to watch any until I can see the screen without my nose pressed up against it. . .lol
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 4:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Amelie is a great foreign film.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I love foreign films. Pans Labyrinth and Martyrs are two of my favorite foreign horror movies...i hate dubbing with a passion and 90% of the time the dubbing is done by horrible actors...i'd rather read subtitles
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• As long as it's a good movie,, I prefer to read subtitles...

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 8:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I prefer to read.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I love to watch foreign films and I prefer subtitles. I agree with sherribeare - Amelie is definitely worth a watch!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i watch a Forgein film the other day, it was made in 1946 and it was called "Beauty and the Beast". the move had subtitles which i liked cause i couldn't understand a word the actors was saying.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes, I like foreign films and wish they were shown more often at big theatres!

And I like them subbed, not dubbed.

Wasn't a huge fan of "Amelie", personally.

^^shorty, I have also seen that production of "Beauty and the Beast". It's French and wonderful!

"Happiness of the Katakuris" is hilarious, and "Thirst, this is my blood" is a fantastic Korean film if you want to see REAL vampires.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010